Thursday, February 3, 2011

My favorite everything!

As I said I am a private person. But after sometime I thought it would be fun and nice if I share my list of my favorite thing! (well not just things. People, places foods everything!)


1. My Dog and puppies!
Tarzan the Bully
 And yes animals especially dogs and puppies are my WEAKNESS. I dream of being a billionaire someday and adopt all the stray dogs and cats someday! I love and cherish most especially m pets. Tarzan, the bully. He's the total bully wherever territory he is! He'll be three this March. Another one, Casey, she'll be two this year and three cute 2 onths old puppies names Tiny, Chilsuk, and Seishin!




2. Books!
  I just love books. The first book I ever had was A Return to Christmas, by an author whose name I've forgotten. My current favorite is 101 Stories on Philippine Revolution by sir Ambeth Ocampo. I'm also currently reading A history of Russia. 


3. The Romanovs

OMG I don't know where to start.
I had first read about them when I was in 2nd year high school. It's saddening they are not mostly taught here. And frustrating only a few know about them in my country. They are a very special historical figure for me. They were in a sphere of love, devotion and care for one another during their lifetime. Indeed, very very special. They were humble and grounded and they hold a special place in my heart. .I've written some poems about them and whenever I remember how they died I just want to cry. But I know they're in heaven now, my dearest Romanov family. ♥


4. Napoleon Bonaparte

  I have no words, everyone knows Napoleon and how a genius he was. But the thing that makes me admire him most are not his battles or strategies, but his determination and hunger for glory, and the way how he did everything and conquer the impossible just to get it. I kind of see myself in him in that way. I have learned to love challenges.And because of that I know I can reach for the things I want, and as he said, the word 'impossible' can only be found at the dictionary of fools. Vive l' Empereur!



5. Facebook



For obvious reasons. But really, it's because I had a hunger for talks about history and politics and in my class no one seemed interested(s hard as they pretend to be). In FB I meet different kinds of people of different countries, cultures, languages and opinions. My hunger is satisfied!




6. History!
  I was planning to put in this list my favorite historical figures but they are to many to mention. Some of them are Queen Marie Antoinette, Jose Rizal, the Katipunan, some Tsars and Tsarinas of Russia, princess Diana, my dear princess, grace Kelly and I also love the colorful history of WWII and many, many more!
7. Vintage actresses
Through my liking of history I started to like and love the era of early motion pictures, until the 1960s. I especially love the darling Mary Pickford, Vivien Leigh, Katharine Hepburn, and of course Audrey Hepburn!

8. Edwardian Fashion
  It's feminine, flattering in a modest way, comfortable and just gorgeous! The gowns hug the body in a way that is just right, and beautifully hanging. This photo shows Elise's gown in the movie Somewhere in time, where my eyes feasted with those gorgeous an pretty edwardian costumes!

9. RMS Titanic
  At first it's just the movie. But then, after watching Titanic most of us go and research about the doomed ship. When I was in the 6th grade, I hade watched the movie for the first time. I came to believe Jack and Rose were real and I was disappointed to discover they're ust fictional characters. Nevertheless, my interest in Titanic didn't fade away. I printed many pictures of it, searched some books(but found none) and articles about it. I was actually a month or two depressed and mourning after I've seen the movie. Who knows, maybe I was one of the passengers  *winks*

10. Senator Miriam Defnsor Santiago
 Well! I wasn't really a fan of hers, just three day ago! But since President Aquino came to  the palace and took his role as our new president, some odd issues came and Sen. Santiago always has a say about them! One of them was when the issue of the bachelor president  buying a luxury car. I was in a rage, muttering something about letting our president enjoy his life but then she made the air cool when she remarked something like "“So imagine, if you are a President and there is no girlfriend to share your life with, you can buy a sexy car." then followed with a laughter saying "what am I saying! Youcan transport your sexual energy" something like that. I was jaw dropped! Then the other day, she's the perfect "welcome" to Senator Trillanes who just got out of the jail. She said he'll be more handsome if he'll smile, coz he looked like he's always marching! Then yesterday she "officially" announced in the Senate that for the record, Senator Trillanes is the most handsome senator.  Talk about sassy senator! :D

10. Senator Antonio Trillanes IV.
   Well , where do I begin?
   For me he's a hero. Imagine, can you sacrifice years in jail for something you cannot even have a personal benifit. He was jailed because of his two standoffs, complaining about the corruption and stealing of some officials. Some say how could he be a good leader if he doesn't respect the law? But what if it's for a good cause? Remember, the katipuneros also did it by tearing thei cedulas(certificate of residence) as a rebellion to the Spanish regime. It's just so sad mostly are too narrow minded to understand and realize. Anyhow, may he live long and be blessed! He's the modern hero! (My blog on Sen. Trillanes http://ibonapartist.blogspot.com/2011/01/senator-antonio-f-trillanes-our-modern.htmls )

No comments:

Post a Comment